4. In this Jan. 15, 2008, file photo, Apple CEO Steve Jobs holds up the new MacBook Air after giving the keynote address at the Apple MacWorld Conference in San Francisco
5. 5. "Dexter" (3.1 million)
6. If you are a working-class white person and you fear that the new, cosmopolitan world will destroy or diminish an identity you cherish, you have no culturally acceptable way to articulate what you perceive as a crisis.
1. Strengthening the all-around improvement of government
2. The committee *bestowed the award upon Yoshinori Ohsumi of the Tokyo Institute of Technology, for his research on *autophagy, which is a self-eating process seen in cells.
4. The 62 universities account for 12.4% of the list. The only country with a larger number of universities listed is the US, which accounts for 27.8%.
4. The U.S. Congress and the media will go berserk when Goldman announces the size of its 2009 bonus pool. But the outrage will be brief and of little lasting consequence. The 'hate Goldman Sachs' story has been running just too long.
5. Hurricane Harvey
1. Song of the year: "Over you," Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton
2. Are you heading to Rio for the Olympics? Will you leverage the Google Maps app on Android or iOS? I think you already have the answer.
3. 位居榜单第三的是史蒂夫·卡瑞尔（Steve Carell）。《卑鄙的我2》（Despicable Me 2）在今年大获成功，斩获票房9.19亿美元。该电影系列累计已取得14亿美元的全球票房，该系列第三部《小黄人》（Minions）也即将上映。卡瑞尔今年还出演了小制作独立影片《迷途知返》（The Way Way Back）和《超级魔术师》（The Incredible Burt Wonderstone）。后一部影片的票房虽未能赚回制作成本，但是我们这里只关注票房收入——该部影片为卡瑞尔2013年的电影票房收入又添2,250万美元。
6. Meanwhile, New Yorkers living in the city’s nearly one million rent-stabilized apartments should brace for a fight in Albany in June, when the rent-stabilization law expires. Housing advocates hope to see a reversal of a rule that allows landlords to deregulate vacant units if the rent reaches $2,500 a month.
For the New Yorkers who have turned their apartments into bed-and-breakfasts, the battle over illegal inns could reach a fever pitch. On top of it all, Mayor Bill de Blasio’s 10-year affordable housing plan will take shape just as legislation in Albany threatens to strain the pocketbooks of renters. These are among the game-changers looming as we ring in the New Year.