5. The paper quoted a number of students from the incoming class, who had a range of responses, including two who said it was the right approach to withdraw the offers. "I do not know how those offensive images could be defended," one student said.
6. This movie tells the story of Wade Wilson, played by Ryan Reynolds, who is a mercenary with accelerated healing powers and a dark sense of humour. He's now on the lookout for the man who almost destroyed his life by subjecting him to rogue experiments. Deadpool belongs to the Marvel Universe and is their most unconventional anti-hero.
2. Former Disney star-turned-wild child singer Miley Cyrus followed as the number two 'celeb gone good', according to the website. Father-to-be Channing Tatum came in third.
3. Snapchat on Tuesday launched Discover, a section of its app where media outlets including Vice, CNN andPeople magazine can publish video content within Snapchat. Already several of the channels feature ads, which aren’t cheap. According to Adweek, Snapchat ads cost $750,000 per day.
1. He said game and live-broadcast apps currently hosted by Tencent don't require real-name registration, but the company is considering establishing a platform for parents to monitor their children's behavior.
2. Will Smith had a very successful career in the late 80s and early 90s as the second half of rap duo DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. But in spite of his financial success, Smith did not manage his money well. It's a pretty classic tale, really. New fame, lots of money, no future plans, and lots of fancy toys added up to a lot of overspending. This lack of oversight and fiscal irresponsibility landed him on the brink of bankruptcy. He owed the government back taxes that he had not paid.
4. Everyone loves cookies, but buying a smart cookie oven to make them seems like a bit much. The CHIP cookie oven promises to have freshly baked cookies in just 10 minutes, but regardless of the time, it just seems easier to make a much larger batch using the regular old oven.
5. 法国巴黎高等商学院排名第二，尽管该学院在除MBA以外的所有排名中都胜过伦敦商学院。法国巴黎高等商学院最终不敌伦敦商学院的原因是，其高管MBA课程Trium是与伦敦经济学院(London School of Economics)和纽约斯特恩商学院(Stern School of Business)合办的，因此这门课程在该项排名中的得分只有总得分的三分之一。（合办课程的商学院参与EMBA课程排名时按比例获得分值。）
6. Local educational authorities have since revoked Zhengzhou Boqiang New Idea Life Training School's license and launched an investigation into its record. Hauntingly, the school's website remains online, replete with photos of students in camouflage uniforms performing drills and attending what the site labels "wonderful lectures."
1. It was the lesson of the UK general election and it's the big 'takeaway' from Cannes too: prediction is a mug's game. All week the chatter was that Todd Haynes' lesbian love story Carol was set to collect the Palme d'Or – or that Holocaust drama Son of Saul from first-time director László Nemes would triumph. In the last few days a consensus began to form around The Assassin from Taiwanese director Hou Hsiao-Hsien; according to British bookmakers, The Lobster was the one to beat. But when Jacques Audiard's Dheepan was announced as the winner, the response was a collective “really?” For all the pundits, critics' panels, insider gossip, statistics and God knows what else, few had picked it. Oh well: c'est la vie.
2. Man got to tell himself he understand.
3. In 2016, China's box-office experienced a shock correction, with growth plummeting to just 3.7 percent from a roaring 48 percent rate in 2015.
4. Costco CEO Craig Jelinek
5. At the center of the speculation is BlackBerry’s healthy intellectual property portfolio, 44,000 patents and still growing. Last October, for example, the company won at least 27 new ones—covering everything from conference-calling interfaces to touch screens to security features for wearable technologies such as smart watches, eyeglasses and fitness bands. Security continues to be BlackBerry’s biggest selling point with businesses. Just ask the Sony movie studio division, which “resorted” to outdated BlackBerrys to restart communications after its security breach last Thanksgiving.
The issue has also hit Beijing’s efforts to secure market economy status in the WTO, which it claims it will be entitled to automatically on December’s 15th anniversary of it joining. If China obtains that status it could affect the ability of the US and others to bring anti-dumping cases, as it would remove their ability to use prices in third countries for comparison.
The Warriors are one of the best teams in NBA history, and you can put their championship run up against any team in NBA history for the best playoff performance ever. But there's also a legitimate question of what this means for the sport. If the best or second-best player of all time stands no chance against this team, what does it mean for the sport's competitiveness? It hasn't been a problem so far, thanks to an extremely wild offseason, but the question remains: what happens to a competitive sports league when it's not truly competitive at the highest level?