5. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump can look forward to a presidential salary of $400,000 if they win in November.
1. 《少年收容所》(Short Term 12)是独立制片的小型影片之一，然而却会大大地影响观众。这部低成本电影片长仅96分钟，背景是一个针对问题青少年的收容设施。然而德斯汀?克里顿(Destin Cretton)的导演和布里?拉尔森(Brie Larson)的表演让这部电影跻身年度最佳影片之列。拉尔森几乎可以肯定无缘奥斯卡奖（今年的竞争异常激烈），但她对所扮演的女主角格蕾丝(Grace)的刻画极具水准，格蕾丝是一名20多岁的年轻保育员，她自己的生活远非平静无波。
2. adj. 优雅的，精美的，俊美的
4. 3. 《间谍之桥》(Bridge of Spies)。几年前，史蒂文·斯皮尔伯格(Steven Spielberg)进入了殿堂级导演的行列，从安德鲁·萨里斯(Andrew Sarris)所谓的“美国电影”中借鉴了最崇高的形式——这部影片中他仍然保持水准。
5. 单词severe 联想记忆：
6. This is a story about six friends with precarious love lives who spend their days sitting in a cafe sipping coffee from oversized mugs. Who’d have thought this premise would go on to become one of the most influential sitcoms of all time?
1. Yes — just. Democrats will regain control of the House of Representatives in the November midterm elections. Though they will not take charge until January 2019, they will waste no time preparing the House Judiciary paperwork. Mr Trump will label it a “witch hunt”. But another year of his surreal presidency makes it all but inevitable Democrats will campaign on a pledge to hold him to account. Whatever Robert Mueller’s investigation unearths before then is unlikely to turn enough Republicans against him.
2. Perhaps the more interesting question is what drove Yahoo! to shell out that reported $30 million for a single app. To be sure, Summly's text-compression abilities dovetail nicely with Yahoo!'s new focus on mobile utilities. Along with Yahoo!'s $1.1 billion purchase of the blogging service Tumblr and the launch of an acclaimed new weather app, the Summly move marks a commitment to owning the tiny real estate of the smartphone screen-and serving advertising to the youthful eyeballs that tend to gravitate to mobile devices.
China has recently made majordecisions about its economic future. On November 15, 2013, China announceddramatic new social and economic policies contemplating much greater relianceon market forces than it has in the past and inviting private-sectorparticipation and foreign competition in industries long previously controlledby the central government. It also relaxed its one-child policy, openingthe country and its people to vast new opportunities and inspiring new hopes anddreams.