1. Total growth in new orders softened as new export orders rose at about the same pace as a month prior. But job shedding quickened, while input price growth edged lower and prices charged to clients picked up slightly.
2. This is the second year running that Peking University has reached the height of No. 2 university.
3. We learned that we could see a source of ripples in space-time.
4. While China remains the largest holder of American government securities, it cut down exposure to USD 1.25 trillion in October.
5. We will improve the property rights protection system.
西西软件园 Europe fell into a debt crisis. Japan faced a natural disaster. Emerging markets, once the bright spots on the global landscape, lost their glow. Political crises from Italy to Egypt to Thailand raised the prospect of another round of global unrest.