1. "They are fairies. Can’t they do something else except falling in love?" another Douban user Amy said.
2. Will China's stock market climb back to the 6,000-point mark it reached two years ago? The stock market was at its most bullish back then, but if you ask the same question now, some would cite a global economy still reeling from a recession.
5. Anyone can have a bad day at the office, but this disappointing performance at Christie’s followed an old masters sale in July that took in 19 million against a low estimate of 31.5 million.
6. New Year time is here. I hope you have a wonderful New Year. May every day hold happy hours for you.
2. Though many people associate Porsche with pure performance cars, in recent years the brand has expanded their lineup to include the Panamera, a luxury large car shown here, as well as the Cayenne and Macan SUVs. According to most reviewers, the Panamera not only lives up to the performance heritage of the Porsche’s brand, but also coddles occupants with an opulent interior and the connectivity features today’s luxury buyer demands.
6. The 54-episode series The Journey of Flower was one of the hottest topics on social media. The TV drama became a hit in the summer of 2015. The movie starring Huo Jianhua and Zhao Liying is based on a novel of the same title written by Fresh Guoguo. The aesthetical adaptation has picturesque outdoor scene in a Chinese ink painting style and charming male and female lead roles, attracting 800,000 followers on the drama`s official Weibo. The drama premiered in June of 2015. It tells a story from a female perspective of an orphan`s growth and romance on her way to becoming a goddess.
2. This is BBC Sherlock, so your Watson isn’t stupid. He's rather smart in his own way and insecure about his sexuality (probably straight).
3. We learned about the causes and consequences of rising obesity around the world.
4. LONDON — In the 1970s, the British comedian Tommy Cooper used to tell a joke about asking an auction house to value a violin and a painting that he had discovered in an attic. The good news, he was told, is that they were made by Stradivarius and Rembrandt. The bad news was that the painting was by Stradivarius and the violin was by Rembrandt.
5. Official data indicates a total of 81 feature length films, including 47 Chinese titles, surpassed the 100 million yuan box office threshold.
6. *Awards presented during the Creative Arts Emmy ceremony Sept. 10-11.
1. According to the report, some lenders have been using the platform to offer female college students high-interest loans on the condition that the borrowers hand over nude photos of themselves holding their ID cards as collateral.
“Where ETFs have grown — in the US and Europe — there is a big ecosystem of financial advisers,” he says. “You need a more advisory model. But until you see people paying for advice rather than paying for commissions, it is hard to see when it will take off.”