4. The ECB ended the year with a vote on December 3 to cut its deposit rate to minus 0.3 per cent and an expansion in asset purchases that leaves its quantitative easing programme at 1.46tn. The move came days before the US Federal Reserve increased interest rates for the first time since 2006, underlining the sharply divergent policies being pursued on either side of the Atlantic.
5. Ah yes, the other reason Sacramento shouldn't tank: Philadelphia has the option to swap picks with them this year. It's actually impossible for the Kings to get the No. 1 pick because of that, and it hurts their chances at a top-three pick overall.
6. In eighth place with $6.5 million, Chinese model Liu Wen, 29, is the only Asian model on the list, reflecting the lack of diversity that continues to plague runways.
1. Gary Oldman on blistering form as Winston Churchill.
3. The manufacturing purchasing managers’ index published by China’s National Bureau of Statistics slipped to 51.6 in October, coming in below a median forecast of 52 from economists surveyed by Reuters and closer to the 50-point line delineating expansion from contraction.
4. “An employee sent his boss a text message to say he was leaving.”
5. The implosion of a giant subprime mortgage lender in 2007?The collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008?
1. There are no right or wrong answers, just be honest with yourself.
4. v. 戴面具，掩饰，遮
6. The online novel Once Upon A Time by Tang Qi was published in 2009. This year saw a series of adaptations of the novel, including a TV series, a film, a drama and a computer game.
1. Amid all of the current talk about whether government law enforcement agencies should be able to legally force Apple to unlock an iPhone to look for evidence, there is a machine available now at London's Fone Fun Shop that will find the four-digit passcode used to lock down an iPhone. And this device costs only $170.
2. “The employee said she was going out to buy boots, but was never seen again.”
3. Iron Man was Downey’s only movie of 2013, while Johnson had one huge film, Fast & Furious 6; one big film, G.I. Joe: Retaliation; and two smaller films. Together they added up to $1.3 billion at the global box office.
Their inclusion has come at the expense mainly of European companies, signalling the shift in economic power towards the east. There is only one Indian brand in the top 100 ranking — HDFC Bank. Russian, Mexican and Brazilian brands have fallen out of the ranking in the past few years — a sober reflection of the changing fortunes of these emerging markets.